The T100MX+ family of super PLCs is a close sibling of the T100MD+ PLCs. The main difference is that the T100MX+ has 3 serial ports but no built-in LCD port, whereas the T100MD+ has a built-in LCD port but eliminated the second RS232 serial port. Yet another difference being that T100MX+ employs bi-directional opto-isolated input drivers which can interface to both the PNP and the NPN type of inputs. The first RS232 port COMM1 on the T100MX+ is also opto-isolated. Other than that, the T100MX+ and T100MD+ PLCs operate identically from the programming point of view.
Photograph of T100MX-3224R+ (32 Optoisolated Inputs, 24 Outputs)
together with Backlit Serial LCD Message Display model: MDS100
(48 optoisolated Inputs, 24 solid state Outputs)
Standard Hardware Features
- 2-Channel Motion Controller for Stepper/ Servo Motors
- 2-Channel Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Outputs
- 2-Channel High Speed Counter Inputs (accept quadrature encoders outputs)
- 4-Channel Interrupt Inputs
- 8-Channel 10-bit A/D (D/A unused), or 6-Channel 10-bit A/D + 2-channel D/A
- 2-Channel 8-bit D/A Outputs (0-5V)
- Real Time Clock and Calendar (Year, Day, Month, Hours, Min, Sec, day-of-week)
with battery backup option.
- 3 Indepedent Serial Ports: 2 RS232 and 1 RS485 ports
- Interface to terminals, barcode, modem,etc
- Built-in PID Computation Engine
- Ladder Logic + BASIC language based custom-defined functions (256).
- 256 Internal Relays, 64 timers (0.1s or 0.01s resolution), 64 Counters
- 6016 Words of EEPROM Program memory.
- 1700 Words of User EEPROM Data memory
- 4000 Words (16-bit) of User RAM memory
Currently Available Models:
1. T100MX-3224R : 32 Digital Inputs, 24 Digital
Outputs (include 8 relays 2A @250VAC)
2. T100MX-4832 : 48 Digital Inputs, 32 Digital
Outputs (All solid state 1A @24V Each)
1) MDS100 - 4 lines x 20 Character Serial LCD Message Display
2) MX-RTC - Battery-backed Real Timer Clock Module keeps the clock running even
when power to PLC is turned OFF.
Supports Multiple Communication Protocols
- Supports MODBUS ASCII as well as MODBUS RTU protocols. PLC can act either as Modbus slave or Modbus Master.
- Supports OMRON C20H PLC protocols. PLC can act either as slave or master.
- Supports a proprietary set of ASCII based Host Link commands which allows remote programming or monitoring by MODEM. Password protection allows device to be left unattended at remote location but accessible by dial-in modem.
All the above protocols are supported on one RS232 port and the RS485 port, enabling either point-to-point or multi-drop connections. Special Network TRiLOGI programming software allows programmer to be stationed at just one PC and remotely program or monitor any (theoretical max = 256) PLCs connected to the RS485 multi-drop network, up to a distance of 4000 fts (1200m) and at baud rate of up to 38.4 Kbps!